How to deal dental problems for teens:
Practising good nutrition and good dental health is extremely required during teen years. With the help of new dental technology, they are several treatment options in all the dental care clinics. Sometimes it takes a reality check to help teens to understand why they are making them go in to consult the dentist. But in a while, many of the teenagers care about their dental care routine that fixes into their busy schedule. One of the best dental tips for teenagers is not only brushed or flushes the teeth every day, but also should visit a dentist at least thrice in a year.
When kids become teens, they take a good unhealthy food which causes bad defects for the teeth hence there are various obstacles they face to maintain good oral health as follows,
1. Play it safe:
Some of the Teens who play sports can cause oral injuries but teens can but they can prevent those injuries by wearing a mouth guard while performing sports games.Whether the mouth guard is custom-fitted by dentists or bought at a store, one should keep it clean by rinsing it often and storing it in a ventilated container.
2. Avoid piercings:
People with mouth or tongue piercings can easily chip their teeth while sleeping, talking, eating and chewing. Hence the fracture can be confined to tooth enamel and require a filling which can lead to tooth extraction.By avoiding licking tongues and cleaning the piercing with warm water regularly can prevent bad breathing and other infections such as blood borne hepatitis.
3. Make time for healthy habits:
Teens usually take quick meals in the form of fast foods, soda candy and other junk foods which cause permanent damage in oral and other overall health.By taking healthy snacks like vegetables, fruits, low-sugar drinks like organic tea, coconut tea and also brushing after eating such snacks can help in maintaining good health.
Tips for proper oral cleaning to maintain good dental care:
- Dentists say that the minimum time spending on brushing your teeth twice a day with some following procedures,
- Handle your brush at a 45-degree angle against your gum line and gently brush from where both gum and teeth meet the chewing surface in short strokes.
- Use all the same procedures to brush all outside and inside surfaces of your teeth until you feel free from plaque and build-up gems in the tooth areas.
- To clean the chewing surface of your teeth, try to use short sweeping strokes by tipping the bristles into the pits and crevices.
- By using the forward-sweeping motion, gently brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth to destroy the tooth decay-causing bacteria that exists in these places.
- Make sure that the time taking for brushing your teeth must be at least 2-3 minutes to complete the entire brushing process.
- After brushing you should floss gently to remove the gums and food particles deposit on your teeth while you brush.
- After brushing carefully insert the between the teeth, using forth and back motion by bringing the floss to the gum line.
- Should curve the floss around the edge of your tooth in the shape of C and slide it up and down the slide of each tooth.
- Repeat this procedure between all your teeth and don’t forget to floss the backsides of your back teeth.
Maintaining a good and regular oral health followed by every dental procedure is essential for every teenager. The regular caring and cleanings not only keeps the teen bright and shiny, they can also guide minor problems before they become worse.